A trusted baselining tool is needed for flexibility providers to explore and determine their baseline calculations for participating in flexibility markets. TRANSITION developed a baselining tool which has now been rolled out as the industry standard, to allow ongoing understanding and verification of the volume of flexibility services provided. Benefits of the tool are:
- a standard and consistent decision-making process across all DNOs. This means that those wishing to provide flexibility services to the networks know exactly what criteria will be used to assess their delivery no matter the location.
- more transparency, with DNOs and flexibility providers being able to better validate how much flexibility is being provided.
- more competitive outcomes through a more accountable and transparent approach, with customers ultimately benefitting from more cost-efficient solutions.
- increased stakeholder confidence, as delivery into the distribution flexibility market and visibility of any potential earnings will be consistent and easier to assess.
- increased participation, because removing barriers and developing a clear and adoptable common approach will make it easier for providers to engage with flexibility services.