We have been designing the requirements and roles of a Neutral Market Facilitator as part of TRANSITION.
A transparent, neutral market for flexibility services will allow GB to fully utilise flexibility whilst realising the physical, locational, and economic constraints of the networks on which these services will be transacted.
A Neutral Market Facilitator (NMF) is an IT platform that will in many cases automate the processes required around the procuring of flexibility services and will be connected to several other systems such as Forecasting and Power System Analysis tools.
The NMF being used for the TRANSITION flexibility market trials has been developed to be transparent and non-discriminatory and has a key role in establishing markets and the ability to improve coordination across different markets.
The role of the NMF throughout our trials has been to:
- find requests for flexibility services
- submit responses to requests for flexibility services
- find if your response has been accepted or not
- find the instruction to deliver a flexibility service
- provide updates or changes to their asset availability
- find other instructions from the DNO/DSO
- share data to verify your delivery of a flexibility service